Keeping your natural teeth for a lifetime is ideal for your dental health and quality of life. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t times that getting rid of a tooth is the best course of action to protect your smile. When you can’t avoid a tooth removal in Houston, TX, trust our team at Parker Nickolas Read Dental to perform your procedure.
We often perform extractions to:
- End intense, throbbing pain from infected teeth
- Create more space in your mouth for dental implants or another tooth replacement
- Remove crowded teeth in preparation for orthodontics
- Improve your dental function and health
- Protect you from the spread of oral infection
- Keep dental problems from getting worse later on
If you need to have a tooth removed, come to Parker Nickolas Read Dental for a comfortable, efficient procedure. Call (713) 932-0441 now to schedule an appointment.
Avoid Oral Health Problems With a Tooth Extraction
The goal of every skilled dentist is to help patients keep their natural teeth strong and healthy for a lifetime. That’s why our dentists would never recommend a tooth extraction unless we had exhausted every other possible solution to your dental problem.
Getting rid of teeth is sometimes the best decision if it will ensure better oral health and function, and a better smile, in the long run. If you have a toothache caused by an infection, removing it will not only relieve the pain, but it can keep the infection from spreading to the rest of your body and putting your overall health at risk. We might also perform extractions to prepare you for:
- Invisalign – Crowded teeth often overlap, making it harder to brush and floss effectively. Overcrowding can also be a cosmetic problem, giving you a crooked smile you don’t like. We can remove teeth to prepare your mouth for Invisalign, a clear aligners system that straightens teeth quickly and comfortably for a healthier, more attractive smile.
- Dental Implants – You may need dental implants, a tooth replacement option that gives you the strongest bite and best long-term oral health outcome than standalone restorations. Extracting teeth is sometimes necessary to prepare you for an implant procedure down the road.
Relax During Dental Surgery With Stress-Free Care
As if dental treatment weren’t already stressful enough, having to visit an outside specialist for extractions and other surgical procedures can make patients even more anxious. You don’t have to worry about that when you trust your oral surgeries to us. We can perform extractions here in our office. Along with being in the comfortable surroundings of your own dentist’s office, we can calm your nerves with dental sedation for a more relaxing experience.