Snoring and Sleep Apnea Therapy
Visit Parker-Read Dental at our Houston, Texas, general and cosmetic dental practice and not only see, but feel, the difference experience makes.
Many patients in the Houston area do not comply with CPAP treatment because of the following reasons:
- The mask is not comfortable
- The mask is taken off to use the restroom and is not put back on afterwards
- The mask irritates the nose and the skin around it
- The mask leaks air
- The mask irritates the sinuses and stomach due to air intake
- Pressure caused by the CPAP is bothersome
- The machine is noisy and keeps patients from being able to rest
- The machine makes patients claustrophobic
- Tubes get in the way of sleeping
- The air is too dry or the wrong temperature
Whatever the reason, some patients are not tolerant of CPAP treatment, and this is when they seek alternative solutions such as oral appliance therapy. Our doctors are specially trained to provide oral appliances, which are highly recommended by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. The academy states that oral appliances should be the first line of therapy for patients with mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. Compliance with oral appliance therapy is much higher and allows patients to treat their condition in a way that is comfortable, affordable, and allows them to address the symptoms caused by the disorder.
To schedule an appointment, contact Parker-Read Dental at your convenience.
9099 Katy Freeway Suite 180 Houston, Texas 77024
Meet the Doctors
Brent Parker, DDS
Dr. Parker enjoys all aspects of dentistry and believes that comprehensive, caring treatment is the right of every patient.
Christopher Read, DDS
Dr. Read is a Baylor graduate and accomplished dentist who believes in serving his patients and pouring into his community.
Matt Nickolas, DDS
Dr. Matt is a Texas A&M graduate with a strong passion for missionary dentistry, and serves both locally and internationally.
Hans Schleicher, DDS
Dr. Hans is passionate about ensuring Parker-Read is a dental practice where he can foster a true bond with each patient.