When your smile is suffering and you’re in discomfort, you need a dental professional prepared to take on the difficulty of fixing your smile. That’s exactly what you’ll find at Parker Nickolas Read Dental. Our team is made up of skilled dentists and compassionate staff members who will offer you the very best dental experience possible.
When you’re in discomfort, you may be more nervous than normal. If so, we can administer sedation prior to your treatment to relax you and soothe your nerves. We’ll likewise work at your pace and address any questions you have about your oral care. We want to make sure you’re as at ease as possible.
When you come in for your dental emergency, we’ll examine you and suggest any restorative or other types of oral care to stop your pain and get your smile back on course. Below are a few types of dental emergencies we typically care for, along with steps you can take before you get to our office:
- Toothache – Rinse your mouth with warm water, then apply ice or a cold compress to your cheek to help reduce swelling and pain.
- Cracked or Broken Tooth – Use ice to alleviate pain and swelling, and bring any broken pieces with you.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Retrieve the tooth by the crown (visible part in your smile), and put it in a container of milk, salt water, or saliva. Bring it to the office with you.
- Lost Filling – Place a small amount of dental cement where the filling was as a short-term step.
- Soft-Tissue Injury – Use gauze or a moist tea bag to stop any bleeding to your cheek, lips, gums, or tongue.
- Loose Crown – Apply dental cement or toothpaste within the crown, and try to put it back into place. If it won’t stay in place, bring it with you.
- Loose or Broken Dental Appliance – Dental wax or gauze can help keep any sharp edges from irritating your mouth.
When time is of the essence, visit a skilled emergency dentist in Bellaire, TX. Call Parker Nickolas Read Dental now at 713-547-4860 . For non-emergency needs, you can also make an appointment .