When your smile is suffering and you’re in discomfort, you need a dental professional prepared to take on the challenge of repairing your smile. That’s exactly what you’ll discover at Parker Nickolas Read Dental. Our team is composed of skilled, knowledgeable dentists and thoughtful team members who will give you the best dental experience possible.
When you’re in discomfort, you may be more afraid than normal. If so, we can administer sedation before your procedure to relax you and calm your nerves. We’ll go at your speed and address any questions you have about your oral care.
When you come in for your dental emergency, we’ll examine you and recommend any restorative or other kinds of oral care to stop your discomfort and get your smile back on track. Below are a few types of dental emergencies we often treat, in addition to actions you can take before you get to our office:
- Toothache – Rinse your mouth with warm water, then apply ice or a cold compress to your cheek to help reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Cracked or Broken Tooth – Use ice to ease pain and swelling, and bring any broken pieces with you.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Retrieve the tooth by the crown (visible part in your smile), and put it in a container of milk, salt water, or saliva. Bring it to the office with you.
- Lost Filling – Place a small amount of dental cement where the filling was as a short-term step.
- Soft-Tissue Injury – Use gauze or a moist tea bag to stop any bleeding to your cheek, lips, gums, or tongue.
- Loose Crown – Apply dental cement or toothpaste inside the crown, and try to put it back into place. Bring it with you if it will not remain in place.
- Broken or Loose Dental Appliance – Dental wax or gauze can help keep any sharp edges from irritating your mouth.
When time is of the essence, visit a skilled emergency dentist in Jacinto City, TX. Call Parker Nickolas Read Dental now at 713-547-4860 . For non-emergency care, you can also make an appointment .