When your smile is suffering and you’re in pain, you need a dental professional ready to take on the challenge of repairing your smile. That’s exactly what you’ll find at Parker Nickolas Read Dental. Our team is made up of talented, experienced dentists and compassionate staff members who will give you the best dental experience possible.
When you’re in pain, you may be more anxious than normal. If so, we can administer sedation before your procedure to relax you and calm your nerves. We’ll also go at your pace and answer any questions you have about your dental care. We want to make sure you’re as comfortable as possible.
When you come in for your dental emergency, we’ll examine you and recommend any restorative or other types of dental care to stop your pain and get your smile back on track. Below are a few types of dental emergencies we often treat, as well as steps you can take before you arrive at our office:
- Toothache – Rinse your mouth with warm water, then apply ice or a cold compress to your cheek to help reduce swelling and pain.
- Cracked or Broken Tooth – Use ice to relieve pain and swelling, and bring any broken pieces with you.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Retrieve the tooth by the crown (visible part in your smile), and put it in a container of milk, salt water, or saliva. Bring it to the office with you.
- Lost Filling – Place a small amount of dental cement where the filling was as a temporary measure.
- Soft-Tissue Injury – Use gauze or a moist tea bag to stop any bleeding to your cheek, lips, gums, or tongue.
- Loose Crown – Apply dental cement or toothpaste to the inside of the crown, and try to put it back into place. Bring it with you if it won’t stay in place.
- Loose or Broken Dental Appliance – Dental wax or gauze can help keep any soft edges from irritating your mouth.
When time is of the essence, visit a skilled emergency dentist in West University Place, TX. Call Parker Nickolas Read Dental now at 713-547-4860. For non-emergency needs, you can also make an appointment .